Freebird Express II
Bali Amed to the Gili Islands
Freebird Express offer a highly rated daily service from Amed in the north east of Bali to the Gili Islands and Lombok. They have a new (2017) boat, the "Freebird Express 2" which they will operate along with another new boat, set to launch mid 2018. The trip from Amed to Gili is the shortest possible sea route from Bali. NOTE: Only use this service if you are staying in NORTH BALI - Amed is 3+hrs drive from most popular areas in southwest Bali and pickup is expensive. Also NOT suitable for Ubud.
- Length 15.81 m
- Beam 4 m
- Engines: 5 X Yamaha 250hp
- Passengers: 70 persons
- Crew: 6 crew, fully licensed and certified experienced captain
- TV Screen in the cabin
- Music onboard
- 4 X Upper deck seating with the captain
- 2 life raft
- 80 life jackets for all passengers and crew
- EPIRB: Electronic Position Indicating Radio Beacon. When immersed in water the EPIRB automatically sends an SOS signal via satellite to the authorities, informing name of vessel and precise location. Continues to send signal for up to three days.
- Full set of distress flares in accordance with regulations.
- GPS Navigational system.
- Marine VHF ship-to-shore radio.
2 throw rings.