Bali Island Hopping
There are few regions more perfectly suited to island hopping than the area around Bali - The amazing diversity of landscape, culture, nature and architecture among the islands of Bali, Lombok, Lembongan, Nusa Penida and the Gili Islands make Bali island hopping the best way to get the most out of your holiday.
Now, with a number of boat companies offering special island hopping tickets that allow you to stop off at multiple islands, it's never been easier to discover the diversity this bucketlist destination has to offer! Note that due to the boat schedules this does mean you'll need to spend at least 1 night on each island, but it's totally worth it!
How to book a Gili island hopping ticket
To book an island hopping ticket, simply use our homepage search box (or "book tickets" button on mobile), from Bali to any Gili Island and then select an "island hopper" ticket type from the results that appear. Scoot Cruises and Blue Water Express offer these. The ticket types available for Gili island hopping are:
Blue Water Express Island Hopper - includes a stopover on Nusa Lembongan before your final destination choice of Gili T, Gili Air or north Lombok.
- Scoot Cruise Island Hopper option A - includes a stopover on Nusa Lembongan or Nusa Penida before your final destination choice of Lombok Senggigi, Gili T, Gili Air or Gili Meno.
Scoot Cruise Island Hopper option B - includes as stopover on Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Penida before your final destination choice of Lombok Senggigi, Gili T, Gili Air or Gili Meno.
- Scoot Cruise Island Hopper option C - includes as stopover on Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Penida and Lombok Senggigi, before your final destination choice of Gili T, Gili Air or Gili Meno. This is the most varied option.
To island hop on your way to Gili Gede, you can purchase seperate tickets for each leg of your journey with Gili Getaway. So for instance, search from Bali to Nusa Penida, select Gili Getaway from the results and you'll be taken to your order overview. There, click on "add boat tickets" to save your order and be taken back to the search. Now you can add your Nusa Penida to Gili Gede trip. Contact us with any questions or for assistance.
Bali island hopping highlights:
Below you can find a short overview of the islands providing plenty of reasons to island hop on your way to Gili:
Nusa Lembongan - A gorgeous mix of Balinese culture but with a small island atmosphere. No cars - the only motorised traffic is scooters (which are available for hire everywhere - but make sure you wear closed shoes and be careful cornering as there are plenty of potholes and loose gravel!). Lembongan offers great diving with Manta Rays and Mola Mola sunfish - a wide variety of snorkel trips and the unique natural features of Devil's Tear cliffs and the lush Lembongan Mangrove, which are a must see!
- Nusa Ceningan - Connected to Lembongan by a footbridge, this smaller island is a perfect getaway from the more touristic areas. Beautiful rock formations and untouched coves with bespoke couples retreats. Perfect for a change of pace from Bali's crowds.
Nusa Penida - Majestic cliffs with amazing rock formations giving way to azure seas and a remote, untouched vibe: Penida is still being discovered by tourism but is rapidly gaining popularity so visit before the crowds start to come!
All three of the Nusa islands are within a protected Marine area, much improving the condition of local marine life and natural habitat.
- Gili Gede (South Lombok) - A true escape, this hardly discovered island only has a handful of small resorts and offers the kind of laid back and unspoilt atmosphere that the northern Gili islands used to be best known for. The close proximity to Lombok mainland also makes it a perfect base for excursions into south Lombok areas such as the stunning Selong Belanak beach or remote Belongas bay.
Lombok - Tropical rainforest, majestic Mt. Rinjani volcano, hidden waterfalls, deserted beaches and Sasak tribal culture - Lombok is a must see destination. Nowhere near as crowded as Bali, but with just as much charm - if you feel like getting off the beaten track you'll find endless possibilities here. Senggigi is the main base for tourism, with a good number of quality resorts along it's pretty coastline, but for the best areas to visit in Lombok, head south to Kuta, Selong Belanak and Belongas.
- The Gili Islands - Reaching the Gili Islands, you will find an amazing variety of places to stay, eat & drink for such tiny islands. Gili Trawangan is the most developed of the three, with great nightlife throughout the week. Gili Meno is a honeymooners paradise, quiet and unspoilt. Gili Air is a good balance of chilled-out atmosphere with plenty to see and do. Best of all: There is no motorized traffic on any of the Gili islands!