Freebird Express offer a highly rated daily service from Amed in the north east of Bali to the Gili Islands and Lombok. They have a new (2017) boat, the "Freebird Express 2" which they will operate along with another new boat, set to launch mid 2018. The trip from Amed to Gili is the shortest possible sea route from Bali. NOTE: Only use this service if you are staying in NORTH BALI - Amed is 3+hrs drive from most popular areas in southwest Bali and pickup is expensive. Also NOT suitable for Ubud.
- Length 15.81 m
- Beam 4 m
- Engines: 5 X Yamaha 250hp
- Passengers: 70 persons
- Crew: 6 crew, fully licensed and certified experienced captain
- TV Screen in the cabin
- Music onboard
- 4 X Upper deck seating with the captain
- 2 life raft
- 80 life jackets for all passengers and crew
- EPIRB: Electronic Position Indicating Radio Beacon. When immersed in water the EPIRB automatically sends an SOS signal via satellite to the authorities, informing name of vessel and precise location. Continues to send signal for up to three days.
- Full set of distress flares in accordance with regulations.
- GPS Navigational system.
- Marine VHF ship-to-shore radio.
- 2 throw rings.
Freebird Express cancellation & amendment policy
All cancellation must be made in writing and must be acknowledged by Freebird Express. The full ticket price will be charged for any for cancellations made within a week of travel and "No show". For cancellations made more than 7 days prior to departure, a full refund is allowed. NOTE: In high season (July - August), this period is doubled to 14 days.
In cases of unexpected illness etc., exceptions can be considered if doctor's notes/other proof can be provided. Contact Freebird Express manager using the details found on your e-tickets. If you wish to change your travel dates, you can do this for free (subject to availability), up to 48hrs in advance. If you need to change your route or boat carrier entirely, simply contact us direct for assistance, bearing the above refund policy in mind.