Discover Scuba Diving at Manta Dive
Discover Scuba Diving with Manta Dive Gili Trawangan
No experience needed! Minimum age requirement is 10 yrs old.
This half day program is an introduction to the world of diving for anyone that just wants to give it a go, or for anyone that doesn't have time to complete a dive cetificiation course. Book today and you'll soon be swimming up close with turtles and much much more.
Included in this adventure:
- Pool session at Manta Dive
- Open water Dive
- All equipment
- Qualified instructors
What to bring: Bring a towel, swimwear and sun screen
What can I expect if I book an Intro Dive Course?
You start off learning all the basics in a 30-minute introductory theory session. Following this is a pool session where you can comfortably get used to breathing under water and practice some basic skills under the guidance of a professional diving instructor. Then, after a short break, you will be taken on a dive at one of the dives sites around the Gili Islands accompanied by an instructor to a maximum depth of 12 meters.
This course will allow you to dive for a whole year to the max depth of 12 meters under the supervision of a Dive Master or Instructor. Alternatively, following this Introduction dive you also have the option to complete the Scuba Diver Course. This involves one more day of theory, pool work and one more dive. Or you could just complete the full Open Water Diver certification course, but your instructor will give you all the options once you have completed your Introduction Dive.
10:00 - Meet instructor and fill in paperwork
10:30 - Videos
11:00 - Briefings for pool session
11:30 - Pool session
12:30 - Debrief pool session and short break
13:00 - Meet with instructor for dive briefing
14:00 - Boat departure and ocean dive
16:00 - Return to shop and debrief
Please feel free to contact us if anything remains unclear and we'd be more than happy to help you out! Otherwise just use the date picker on this page and follow the steps to book your Diving activity.
General terms for operation
PLEASE NOTE - there is no pickup available from your hotel - just make your own way to Manta Dive Gili Trawangan.
- Introduction dives are run daily (with seasonal variations on timings)
- Free drinking water is available at the dive center and on the boats
- Manta Dive staff will receive your booking and send an addditional confirmation within 24hrs.
- Excludes the Marine park fee which is a one-off charge of Rp150,000 per person
Cancellations and changes to your booking
All those participating in a Dive Course must sign a medical questionnaire.
It is mandatory that all divers have adequate diving insurance. Please check your travel insurance to make sure you are covered. We will require guests insurance details when filling in paperwork prior to any diving activity. If you don't have insurance it can be purchased for €9/day or €28 for up to 5 days.
For ALL diving activities you must be able to successfully perform swimming skills that include a 180 meter swim and a 10 minute survival float without the use of any aids.
Excludes the Marine park fee which is a one-off charge of Rp150,000 per person
- For cancellations made more than 7 days before the activity date, you will receive a full refund, minus any charges applied to make the refund (see the general Terms and Conditions for cancellation charges). For cancellations made within 7 days to 48H before the activity date, you will receive a 50% refund minus any charges applied to make the refund (see the general Terms and Conditions for cancellation charges). For cancellations made within 48H before the activity date, there will be no refund.
- No refunds given in cases of acts of god.
- You need to be 10 years or over to take part in this activity.
- You can change your dates subject to availability free of charge. If you need to change your booking entirely please contact Manta Dive Gili Trawangan directly through the contact details on your e-tickets, bearing in mind the above mentioned refund policy.
Location: Gili Trawangan
Duration: 4 Hours
Categories: Diving, Watersports