Gili Islands - Subwing Adventure
Underwater Subwing Adventure around the Gilis
Experience the sensation of flying underwater! Subwing is an amazing new watersport, allowing you to move like a dolphin on and under the tropical sea surrounding the beautiful Gili Islands.
Included in this adventure:
- Departure from a set meeting point on Gili Trawangan, Gili Air or Gili Meno
- 2 x 25 minutes in the water experiencing Subwing
- Great Island views and sunbathing while on the glass bottom boat.
What to bring: Sunscreen and body hugging, well fitting swimwear
Book a trip with us for Subwing Gili and find out how to glide through the water with a Subwing board. This board is built from two separate "wings" which are connected to a boat with a rope to pull you along. Easy to get the hang of, you'll soon be performing twists and turns while watching the ocean life around you fly by. The boat will start by pulling the rope slowly (less than 2 knots) so you can get adjusted to the Subwing and movements in the water. Once you get used to the movements, the speed will increase to a maximum of 4 knots.
Everybody can easily learn to control the Subwing board as this activity is suitable for both adults and kids (from age 12 upwards). It’s a great group activity that can be booked to leave from Gili Air, Gili Trawangan or Gili Meno (see transfers tab) and it gives you the perfect chance to explore the colourful reefs and sea creatures surrounding the Gili Islands.
Your Gili Subwing Trip
There is a maximum of 10 people per boat and the activity takes around 3 to 4 hours, depending on how many people are taking the trip (note that this activity is shared, not private). After pick-up at your designated island meeting point, the boat will depart to the reef where you will get a briefing while the boat is set up for the activity. Per group of 5 people you will have two session of 25 minutes. When you are not participating you can enjoy the stunning views from the boat, work on your tan or peer through the small glass window in bottom of the boat to observe the vibrant reef below!
Departs 8:30 AM from Gili air – Drop off around 1:00 PM
Departs 8:45 AM from Gili Meno - Drop off around 12:45 PM
Departs 9:00 AM from Gili T – Drop off around 12:30 PM
Available every day except Fridays.
Please feel free to contact us if anything remains unclear and we'd be more than happy to help you out!
Transfers from set departure points on each Island
You can select your preferred departure island during the booking process, under Pickup. PLEASE NOTE - there is no pickup available from your hotel - you must be at the designated meeting point for departure. (You may enter your hotel adress and phone number during booking as an extra point of contact for Subwing staff.)
|Island of Departure||Pick up time||Meeting point (note - you must make your own way there)|
|Gili Air||08:30||Beach just after Villa Karang when coming from the harbour|
|Gili Meno||08:45||Beach in front of Kontiki Villas|
|Gili Trawangan||09:00||Big colourful Trawangan sign on Gili T main beachfront (east side of island)|
Cancellations and changes to your booking
Operating days & things to note
- Operates every day except Fridays (with seasonal exceptions such as New Year's day), subject to availability.
- Minimum of 3 guests
- Occasionally, the dates selected may no longer be available. In such cases, every effort will be made to accommodate you with a date change or alternative option, otherwise a full refund wil be provided.
- Minimum age for this activity is 12, while a maximum age of 60 is advised.
- Subwing trips are often shared with other people depending on numbers, e.g, not a private activity.
- Bring sunsreen and wear well fitting swimwear (to avoid anything falling off at speed)
- Subwing staff will receive your booking and reconfirm within 24hrs.
Location: Gili Air
Duration: 4 Hours