Open Water Course at Manta Dive
Location: Gili Trawangan
Duration: 4 Days
Categories: Diving, Watersports
Learn to Dive and get certified - Open Water Dive Course at Manta Dive
No experience needed! Minimum age required 8 years old.
This 3 day dive course will certify you to dive anywhere in the world to a maximum depth of 18m, when accompanied by another diver of equal or greater certification level. This is also the most popular dive course at Manta Dive as the conditions and array of sea life around the Gili Islands make it the perfect place to learn to dive. Once completed this is the first certification level that allows you to dive without having an instructor with you.
Included in this adventure:
- Introduction to equipment and skills
- several pool sessions to learn and practice underwater skills
- Four Open water dives at dive sites around the Gili Ilands (2x12m, 2x18m)
- All equipment rental
- Qualified instructors and Dive Masters
- Official SSI Open Water Certification card
What to bring: Bring a towel, swimwear and sun screen
What can I expect if I book an Open Water Dive Course?
If you’re a beginning scuba diver, this is the perfect course for you. You will learn how to apply all the needed skills within just 3-4 days full of fun (and some learning)! The first 2 days you will be going over the theory and practice different techniques in the pool. On the third day you will have two open water dives at 12 meters and on the final day you will have two more open water dives, but now at 18 meters!
Day 0: Course orientation at 5pm. Meet the instructor and fellow students, fill in paperwork and watch the first videos (1.5 hours)
Day 1: 8.30am - 5pm Pool, videos and knowledge reviews.
Day 2: 8.15am - 4.30pm 2 dives to 12 meters, knowledge reviews
Day 3: 8.15am - 4.30pm 2 dives to 18 meters. Final Exam.
Please feel free to contact us if anything remains unclear and we'd be more than happy to help you out! Otherwise just use the date picker on this page and follow the steps to book your Diving activity.
General terms for operation
PLEASE NOTE - there is no pickup available from your hotel - just make your own way to Manta Dive Gili Trawangan.
- Open Water Courses are run daily (with seasonal variations on timings)
- Free drinking water is available at the dive center and on the boats
- You need to be 10 years or over to take part in this activity.
- Manta Dive staff will receive your booking and send an addditional confirmation within 24hrs.
Cancellations and changes to your booking
- Full refund for cancellations made more than one week before the activitiy date, 50% within 7 days, no refunds within 48 hours.
- No refunds given in cases of acts of god.
- You can change your dates subject to availability free of charge. If you need to change your booking entirely please contact Manta Dive Gili Trawangan directly through the contact details on your e-tickets, bearing in mind the above mentioned refund policy.