SSI Freediving Level 1
Learn how to Freedive with Freedive Gili Trawangan
Freediving is an amazing way to enjoy the underwater world without using breathing equipment. Book today and experience the sensation of breathholding underwater!
Included in this adventure:
- Open water session
- All equipment
- Qualified instructors
What to bring: Bring a towel and Swimwear
The owner of Freedive Gili, Mike Board, is globally known for his Freediving (records) as he has several records on his name and is still working on becoming better every day. His love for teaching has ensured that the teachers are Freedive Gili Trawangan are living up to the top standards. Mike’s wife, Kate Middleton, has also been freediving competitively and set several national world records with her Freediving Skills. This means that you can learn how to Freedive or improve your Freediving skills by learning from some of the best Freedivers in the world or the people who have been freediving with him.
Freediving is a form of breath-hold diving which makes a person rely on nothing but their own breath. The diving is done without breathing equipment and some of the best freedivers have reached depths of around 100 meters on just one breath! During a Freediving course you will learn different breathing techniques which will not only help you out while freediving but will make you more aware of your body and what it can do. Freediving is a great course for surfers or fishers who would like to be able to be under water longer, however anyone who can swim a 100 meters is able to learn!
Your Freedive Flow Experience
At Freedive Gili T you will find both recreational and competitive Freedivers who are ready to share their experiences with you. Learn how to freedive within a safe environment and explore the tropical waters surrounding Gili T on just one breath with the SSI Freediving Level 1 course. This course is an introduction course where you will learn more about the proper breathing techniques in the pool and will be able to try up to 20 meters in depth in the open water.
Freedive Gili is located on the main strip on the Eastern side of Gili Trawangan and offers a big 25m swimming pool area, 2 dive boats, a yoga studio, accommodation, restaurant, home gym and a freedive shop on site.
Please feel free to contact us if anything remains unclear and we'd be more than happy to help you out!
General terms for operation
PLEASE NOTE - there is no pickup available from your hotel - you must come to Freedive Gili Trawangan by your own.
- Daily (with seasonal exceptions), subject to availability.
- Staff will receive your booking and reconfirm within 24hrs.
- Occasionally, the dates selected may no longer be available. In such cases, every effort will be made to accommodate you with a date change or alternative option.
Cancellations and changes to your booking
- Cancellations made 7 days before the course are given a 100% refund, 7-2 days before get a 50% refund and less than 48 hours will not receive a refund.
- In cases of unexpected illness etc., exceptions can be considered if doctor's notes/other proof can be provided.
- If you wish to change your course dates (for free) or if you need to change your course entirely, you can do so (subject to availability) up to a week in advance by contacting Freedive Gili through the contact details on your e-tickets. Please bear in mind the above mentioned refund policy.
Location: Gili Trawangan
Duration: 2 Days
Categories: Diving, Watersports