AIDA1 - Introduction to Freediving
Learn how to Freedive with Freedive Flow Gili Air
Freediving is an amazing way to enjoy the underwater world without using breathing equipment. Book today and experience the sensation of breathholding underwater!
Included in this adventure:
- Introduction and pool session (Day 1: 2-5 PM)
- Open water session (Day 2: 8-12 AM)
- All equipment
- Qualified instructors
What to bring: Bring a towel and Swimwear
Freediving, also known as breath-hold diving, is a form of underwater diving that makes a person rely on nothing but their own breath. This means that divers take one breath and enjoy to be under water with no extra breathing equipment. Freedivers are able (on a competitive level) to go as deep as 100 meters on one breath, how cool is that! Now don’t be scared by these numbers, as everyone can learn how to freedive. Freediving techniques are not only learned by those who are looking to compete, but also by swimmers, surfers, fishers, scuba divers or just anyone who would like to learn more about this awesome sport.
Your Freedive Flow Experience
If you are new to freediving, Freedive Flow on Gili Air offers the perfect chance to be introduced to this cool sport with their “AIDA1 Introduction to Freediving” course. This course is the perfect start to develop all the basic freediving skills together with the necessary knowledge regarding safety procedures you need to enjoy freediving to the fullest. This course includes one theory session, one pool and one open water session in which you will be introduced to relaxation- and breathing techniques. And maybe if you like the first course you will decide to continue with the AIDA2 Full Beginner Course to which you can upgrade seamlessly once you are there!
You will be able to find Freedive Flow located within the Oceans 5 dive Resort on Gili Air, right on the main strip. Here they have a big pool to teach you the basic techniques in a nice and quiet environment. To enroll in the course, you must be at least 18 years (or 14+ years with parental consent) and you need to be able to swim at least 100 meters non-stop.
Please feel free to contact us if anything remains unclear and we'd be more than happy to help you out!
General terms for operation
PLEASE NOTE - there is no pickup available from your hotel - you must come to Freedive Flow Gili Air by your own.
- Daily (with seasonal exceptions), subject to availability.
- Staff will receive your booking and reconfirm within 24hrs.
- Occasionally, the dates selected may no longer be available. In such cases, every effort will be made to accommodate you with a date change or alternative option.
Cancellations and changes to your booking
- Full refund for cancellations one week before the course, 50% within the last week, no refunds within 24h prior to the course.
- No refunds given in case of act of god.
- Any additional balance is due on arrival by cash IDR, PayPal (+4,6%), or credit card (+3.5%).
- There are no other pre-requisites other than the ability to swim 100m non-stop.
- You can change your course dates subject to availability free of charge or if you need to change your course entirely, please contact Freedive Flow directly through the contact details on your e-tickets, bearing in mind the above mentioned refund policy.
Location: Gili Air
Duration: 2 Days
Categories: Diving, Watersports